In phase one, the MEC will take an online approach and prepare for in-person bingo games for their second phase.
The following regulations will be put in place for the MEC Phase One Plan:
- An online Bingo platform will be created for patrons to play along from home
- Bingo cards will be sold at select locations (MEC, Belly Busters, Membertou Market, Mi’kmaq Gas) leading up to online games
- Security will be onsite to ensure physical distancing is in place during bingo card pick-up
- Elders and immunocompromised Membertou community members will have a bingo card delivery option
- Signage, floor markers and sanitization stations will also be onsite and all customers are asked to please use these measures properly when entering the MEC
Phase two for MEC will be reduced in-person bingo games. MEC staff are currently assessing and re-setting the building for phase two. More information will be announced about phase two as we move through phase one.
- Staff duties may vary from pre-covid duties, to new sanitizing and additional cleaning duties
- Staff will be provided with necessary PPE
- Staff will be brought back in phased approach
- Staff must adhere to all health and safety rules as mapped out by the province of Nova Scotia
- Staff to receive orientation before returning to work